Chemtura – the future through chemistry
Chemtura Corporation is a global, specialty chemicals company listed on the New York Stock Exchange and Euronext Paris (CHMT), with leading positions in diversified markets. We build the chemistry that makes other products more durable, safer, cleaner and more efficient. Major industries served include transportation and energy & electronics.
With global headquarters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, we manufacture products in 11 countries and sell products in over 80 countries. We have approximately 2,500 employees in research, manufacturing, sales and administrative facilities in every major market of the world, with regional headquarters and shared service centers in Shanghai, China; Middlebury, Connecticut, USA; and Manchester, United Kingdom/Frauenfeld, Switzerland.
We are committed to global sustainability and engineering chemical solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs.
Among our businesses, we are:
- A global manufacturer and marketer of high-performance additive components, building blocks for synthetic lubricant base-stocks (Industrial Performance Products)
- A world leader in high-performing calcium sulfonate specialty greases and phosphate and polyol ester-based fluids (Industrial Performance Products)
- A global leader in the development and manufacture of hot cast elastomers (Industrial Performance Products)
- One of the three largest developers and manufacturers of bromine and bromine-based products (Great Lakes Solutions)
- One of the three largest developers and manufacturers of organometallic compounds, that have applications in catalysts, surface treatment and pharmaceuticals (Organometallic Specialties)
The hallmarks of our businesses include differentiation through technology, investing in sustainable technologies and applications, increased exposure to higher-growth regions, an expanded global footprint and infrastructure, greater customer focus and intimacy, and stewardship of our products and their use.